BTS ELEC - ELECTROTECHNIQUE
2 years apprenticeship | RNCP 35346
The advanced technician in electrical engineering carries out his activities in the study, implementation, use and maintenance of electrical equipment using both strong and weak currents.
It operates in the industrial production, tertiary, housing, transport and distribution of electrical energy sectors such as :
- Industrial equipment and control
- The production and transformation of energy
- Automation and technical management of the building
- Industrial production automation
- The distribution of electrical energy
- Electrical installations in the tertiary sector
- Public facilities
- Industrial refrigeration, food processing and mass distribution
- Technical services
- Transportation (vehicles and infrastructure).
These activities require related knowledge to understand processes in the fields of mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, thermics, electronics, industrial computing and optics.
Target audience & Prerequisites
- Young person under 30 years old
- Employee in retraining
- Job seeker
Holder of one of the criteria:
- BAC STI option electrical engineering.
- BAC with work experience
- Have 3 years of professional experience in the targeted sector of activity
Conditions of access
SCHOOL : Pre-admission after validation of the PARCOURSUP file according to the prerequisites stipulated on the platform, final admission upon signature of the apprenticeship or professionalization contract.
EMPLOYEE/JOB SEEKER: After an individual interview, validation of prerequisites and study of financing possibilities.
The training is available throughout the school year subject to a study of the academic file.
Training accessible to people with disabilities after a personalized study of the necessary accommodations.
Training is also available in a modified and/or lighter course for holders of an equivalent diploma in another specialty.
Duration and cost of the training *
Training under an apprenticeship contract
- Duration: 2 years │ 675 hours of training per year
- Alternation : 2 sem. in a company | 2 sem. in a training center
- Cost : 10800€ paid by the OPCO. Remainder to be paid by the apprentice: 0€.
Duration and alternation are indicative and can be adjusted according to the company's needs and the learner's prerequisites.
Opportunities, professions, jobs
Depending on the company, the senior technician in electrical engineering is required to carry out his activity in different sectors such as :
- industrial equipment and control
- production and transformation of energy
- automatisms and technical management of the building
- industrial production automation
- distribution of electrical energy
- electrical installations in the tertiary sector
- public facilities
- industrial refrigeration, food processing and mass distribution
- technical services
- transportation (vehicles and infrastructure)
The types of jobs available are:
- Technician in charge of design/project
- Methods technician - industrialization - goods production
- Site technician/team leader - Site manager
- Test Technician/Commissioning and Testing Manager
- Sales technician / Agency technician
- Training or customer information officer
- Business manager and/or buyer
- Quality Technician/Quality Assurance Manager
- Maintenance and service technician
- Manager of a small business
- Bachelor's degree in electronics, electrical energy and automation
- Licence pro mention domotics
- Licence pro mention energy and propulsion
- Licence pro mention maintenance of industrial, production and energy systems
- Bachelor's degree in energy management, electricity and sustainable development
- Licence pro in electricity and energy
- Preparatory class ATS industrial engineering
- General culture and expression: 3 hours
- English : 2h
- Mathematics : 4h
- Construction of material structures applied to electrical engineering: 3h
- Applied sciences: 9 hours
- System tests: 6h
- Electrical engineering : 8h
Pedagogical and technical means :
The teaching team is composed of fExpert instructors with at least a 2-year degree and/or at least 5 years of professional experience in the field, professionals in the field, training managers, center directors, work-study advisors, disability advisors, and administrative staff.
The entire training takes place in our 3 technical workshops dedicated to the electrical trades on a total surface of 300m².
A work plan per trainee on a grid to learn the basics of positioning and fixing conduits and equipment, connecting conductors to equipment and protective devices.
12 three-dimensional work spaces are available to learners to finalize the installation and connection in a real tertiary site situation.
9 wiring cabinets are available for the industrial electricity part. Hand and power tools are available.
A computer room equipped with 14 PCs is available for technological research.
A "classic" classroom is also used when necessary.
Learning is measured throughout the course and a skills log is written.
Satisfaction is assessed at the end of the course.
- Two vocational tests and one in-course test (CCF) One-off written tests in the general, scientific and technical fields.
- Two professional tests:
- An activity report presenting the company and any studies carried out during the first year
- A project: Choice of a technical study with the company and approval by an inter-academic validation committee (carrying out this study in the company with a file and oral presentation)
- Assessment during training (CCF) :
- Expression and communication
- Site organization
- 3 project reviews
Each block of competence is certifying and gives rise to an evaluation and validation. Obtaining all the blocks allows you to obtain the Brevet de Technicien Supérieur.
Indicators of success:
|Number of participants||9|
|Abandonments during the course of the journey|
|Integration into the workforce upon graduation||4 IVA / 3 FURTHER STUDIES|
Find all the indicators of our training courses on the INSERJEUNES website
Based in Sury-le-Comtal, in the heart of the Forez plain and an employment area in line with the training courses offered, the CFA Sainte-Claire is easily accessible from all over the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes region thanks to the important interurban transport network of the Loire.
You will follow your training in the heart of 4500m² of technical platforms for professional teaching, the CFA also has a boarding school of 84 places which can welcome young people coming from all over France and a catering service morning-morning-evening of self-service type and cafeteria.
The course is based on teaching methods centered on individualization.
We choose a pedagogical strategy that aims to :
- To individualize courses by offering each person a personalized course,
- To develop autonomy by making our trainees actors of their learning,
- Develop a technological culture, integrating all components, including those related to safety at the workstation,
- Develop professional attitudes, methods and rigor.
- Individualized course phases and case studies are validated by the referent trainer through collaborative work in small groups.
- The practical phases are evaluated individually by the referent trainer who records the results in a portfolio of skills.
- Supervised times on TD and TP are also planned to prepare the title
- A computer room is available for the constitution of the internship report and the activity report in the company), necessary to pass the BTS ELEC.
|Block number and title||List of skills||Evaluation methods|
Study of an industrial technical system: pre-study and modeling
- Choose and justify a technical solution (modeling and sizing)
Study of an industrial technical system: design and industrialization
- Analyse a file
Industrial technical project: presentation of the project
- Interpret the customer's request
- Design a procedure
Technician internship report in a company
- Write a summary document
General culture and expression
Apprehend and produce a written message
- Listening comprehension (CEFR level B2)
- use sources of information,