BTS Maintenance of vehicles
option A: passenger cars
2 years in apprenticeship | RNCP35460
The Advanced Technician's Certificate in Vehicle Maintenance provides access to jobs in the after-sales of passenger cars, road transport vehicles and motorcycles.
The incumbent mobilizes:
- technical skills in various aspects of maintenance;
- organizational and management skills;
- computer skills for communication and operation of specialized software;
- Internal (teamwork) and external (customer relations, technical support platform) communication skills;
- business skills;
in compliance with both technical and environmental regulations and by ensuring the quality of after-sales service.
- Carrying out a complex diagnosis independently, in the workshop, and possibly in liaison with the customer, the technical platform and service providers, the spare parts department.
- Carry out complex maintenance and repair operations independently, in the workshop, and possibly in liaison with the customer, the technical platform and service providers, the spare parts department.
- Organization of the maintenance and repair of a vehicle in the workshop.
- Customer relations in the reception area with the customer and his vehicle, on the telephone, in the vehicle return area.
- Compliance with both technical and environmental regulations.
- Provision of a quality after-sales service.
Target audience & Prerequisites
- Young person under 30 years old
- Employee in retraining
- Job seeker
Holder of one of the criteria:
BAC STI Mechanical Engineering opt.B or STI Electrical Engineering or STI General Mechanical Engineering or BAC S or BAC PRO Car Maintenance or justify 3 years of professional experience in the targeted sector of activity.
Conditions of access
SCHOOL : Pre-admission after validation of the PARCOURSUP file according to the prerequisites stipulated on the platform, final admission upon signature of the apprenticeship or professionalization contract.
EMPLOYEE/JOB SEEKER: After an individual interview, validation of prerequisites and study of financing possibilities.
The training is available throughout the school year subject to a study of the academic file.
Training accessible to people with disabilities after a personalized study of the necessary accommodations.
Training is also available in a modified and/or lighter course for holders of an equivalent diploma in another specialty.
Duration and cost of the training *
Training under an apprenticeship contract
- Duration: 2 years │ 675 hours of training per year
- Alternation : 2 sem. in a company | 2 sem. in a training center
- Cost : 9688€ paid by the OPCO. Remainder to be paid by the apprentice: 0€.
Duration and alternation are indicative and can be adjusted according to the company's needs and the learner's prerequisites.
Opportunities, professions, jobs
Sectors of activity :
- after-sales services of the manufacturers' or equipment suppliers' networks
- after-sales services of independent companies or networks of independents
- maintenance services for vehicle fleets (VP, VTR)
- maintenance services for large vehicle fleets (e.g. transporters).
Type of jobs available:
- diagnostic and maintenance technician
- after-sales receptionist
- technical advisor
- workshop team leader
- manufacturer or equipment manufacturer assistance platforms
- Physical sciences
- General culture and expression
- Systems analysis and performance control
Pedagogical and technical means :
The training takes place in our technical workshops dedicated to the automotive industry.
Provision of pedagogical documents, case studies, role plays and practical work.
Theoretical courses are held in unmarked rooms.
Professional software for automotive maintenance : Doc workshop, costing workshop...
The professional subjects take place on technical platforms (workshops) equipped with equipment and tools specific to vehicle maintenance (lifting devices such as scissor lifts, tool boxes, air extractors, rolling jacks, tire changers, balancing machines, diagnostic tools (KTS BOSH/CLIPS RENAULT/DMS PEUGEOT), front axle geometry devices.
A computer room equipped with 14 PCs is available for technological research.
A "classic" classroom is also used when necessary.
Learning is measured by theoretical and practical CCFs throughout the training course and a follow-up booklet is written.
The final evaluation is a theoretical and practical examination carried out at the end of the second year. It aims at obtaining the Brevet de Technicien Supérieur.
Each block of competence is certifying and gives rise to an evaluation and validation. Obtaining all the blocks allows you to obtain the Brevet de Technicien Supérieur.
Indicators of success:
|Number of participants||8|
|Abandonments during the course of the journey||-|
|Integration into the workforce upon graduation||-|
Find all the indicators of our training courses on the INSERJEUNES website
Based in Sury-le-Comtal, in the heart of the Forez plain and an employment area in line with the training courses offered, the CFA Sainte-Claire is easily accessible from all over the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes region thanks to the important interurban transport network of the Loire.
You will follow your training in the heart of 4500m² of technical platforms for professional teaching, the CFA also has a boarding school of 84 places which can welcome young people coming from all over France and a catering service morning-morning-evening of self-service type and cafeteria.
The course is based on teaching methods centered on individualization.
We choose a pedagogical strategy that aims to :
- To individualize courses by offering each person a personalized course,
- To develop autonomy by making our trainees actors of their learning,
- Develop a technological culture, integrating all components, including those related to safety at the workstation,
- Develop professional attitudes, methods and rigor.
- Individualized course phases and case studies are validated by the referent trainer through collaborative work in small groups.
- The practical phases are evaluated individually by the referent trainer who records the results in a portfolio of skills.
- Supervised times on TD and TP are also planned to prepare the title
- A computer room is available for the preparation of the internship report and the activity report in the company), necessary for the BTS exam.